Mood Swings, or other physical and emotional changes happen prior to menstruation are known as premenstrual syndrome or P M S. About 85% of women experience some degree of PMS.
The reasons for this aren’t really clear may be due the decline in hormone levels (estrogen and progesterone) triggers the symptoms of PMS. Brain chemicals (Serotonin) changes ,vitamins and minerals deficiencies may also be responsible for PMS. Salty foods, too much of coffee drinking may make symptoms worse as well.
- Women with depression and other mood disorders may have more PMS
- Women in the late 20s to mid-40s. will have symptoms of PMS
- Some women may suffer loss of appetite feel an upset stomach. Bloating and constipation
Acne is one of the most common signs of PMS. Hormonal changes cause Sebaceous glands in the skin to produce more sebum an oily substance that clog the pores of the skin.
PMS can trigger a wide range of aches and pains, including: Back pain , Headaches, Tender breasts & Joint pain. The following herbs can subside the symptoms of PMS and the hormonal issues such as bloating, tiredness, and mood swings.
Let’s understand them in detail.
Ashoka or (Saracaindica) is mainly grown in India. Most parts of the tree is used for different medicinal and healing purposes. The Ashoka tree contains tannins, glycoside, essential oils,Calcium ,Carbon and Iron. Ashoka’s health benefits are as follows:
- Helps treat Acne
- Treats several gynecological and menstrual problems such as irregular periods, amenorrhea, leucorrhea, fibroids, cysts, and other related disorders
- Provides relief from abdominal pain and other spasms
Lodhra orSymplocus is a very important Ayurveda herb.which is grown in Nagpur, Manipur, Burma, Assam. Lodhra is specifically used to treat female gynecological problems. Lodhra contains alkaloids and glycosides.
- Treats Acne
- Improves fertility
- Regulates menstrual cycles
- Increases female hormones
- Reduces inflammation in the uterus
- Relieves depression
Shatavari or Asparagus racemosus has been used in Ayurveda in India. Shatavari is grown in India is said to have a lots of health benefits, of women. It contains protein, iron, calcium, and minerals. Shatavari is very useful to treat ailments of reproductive system such as :
- Restores hormonal balance
- Lessens menopause symptoms such as hot flashes
- Helps combat anxiety and depression
- Boosts milk production during pregnancy
- Lowers blood sugar
Gokhru or TribulusTerrestris grows ais grown in most parts of India. Fruit and Root of this herb is used for many Ayurvedic treatments. It is rich in vitamins,minerals, fats, carbohydrates, and proteins. Gokhru is used to treat following problems women.